Your friends and family will remember these chewy fruity candies long after they've licked the last bit of sugar off their fingers! They're a great gift!
* 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
* 1-1/3 cups applesauce
* 2 packages (3 ounces each) red or green gelatin
* 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar, applesauce, red or green gelatin, unflavored gelatin and lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Immediately pour into a cold 11-in. x 7-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
* With a spatula, loosen gelatin from sides or pan. To remove, invert onto waxed paper. Using kitchen scissors or small sharp cookie cutters dipped on hot water, cut into 1-in. squares or shapes.
* Place on waxed paper. Dry at room temperature for about 8 hours or until slightly sticky. Roll in remaining sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: About 1-3/4 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 35 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: tasteofhome.com~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar