Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crows, Sunflowers, a Kitty-cat & Cherry Pie!

Hello friends!

I have been busy the past two weeks! I thought I would never finish punch needling "Cherry Pie"! My, what a great piece, but large when compared to most punch needle! It measures across the front of the basket, which is almost 12". Whew! I wonder how many hours I spent on this one? But I enjoy doing it, so I can't say I'm complaining. :) I also finished the Sunflowers & Crow which looks lovely on the basket and also decided to do a little designing of my own with "Flower Girl". I've listed everything on eBay and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :) What have you been creating lately?
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!

Hugs!
Sheri
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A sweet little punch needle mini-rug on a square wooden box of a kitty playing in red poppy flowers.

"Flower Girl" an original design by Prim Rose Hill.

This punch needle embroidery was punched by me on punch needle cloth using 4-strands of DMC cotton floss. The embroidery punch needle was then trimmed and attached to a wooden box I hand-painted. The base of the box is butter pecan tan and the lid is barn-red. I used to have a kitty cat named Tam-Tam when I was growing up and she just loved to get outside and lay in the flower beds in the summer-time. I couldn't help but think of her when I was designing this little prim mini-rug.

The punch needle rug measures approximately: 3 ½” across. The box measures 4” X 4” X 2 ½” tall. The lid is about an inch wider than the base.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A sweet little wicker basket with sunflowers and a black crow. This punch needle embroidery was punched by me using 4-strands of DMC floss.

"Sunflowers & Crows," by Hooked on Rugs.
This embroidery punch needle was trimmed in a coordinating brown yarn and then attached to a brown wicker basket with a dark brown/black trim. Basket measures approximately: 6 1/2" length, 4" width, and stands 4 1/2" tall (8" tall to the handle).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


A sweet white wicker basket with a blue striped liner with a darling punch needle mini-rug of 2 crows and a cherry pie! This punch needle embroidery was punched by me using 4-strands of DMC floss and is quite large for Punch Needle.

"Cherry Pie", by Little House Needleworks.
This embroidery punch needle was then trimmed and attached to a white wicker basket. The basket has a blue & white striped liner that is removeable, if you don't like it; or if you use it and it becomes soiled, it can be removed and washed. Basket measures approximately: 11 1/2" length, 6 1/2" width, and stands 6 1/2" tall. As you can see, the punch needle mini-rug goes across the entire front of the basket.

No comments: