Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finished Christmas gifts + RECIPE for cocoa mix

Hello friends!

Nothing quite like finishing up gifts at the last minute. Of course, hey, I still have 3 days to spare! That's an improvement for me. :) Now, don't laugh at my "dress form". I have asked Santa for one for Christmas (and he said it will probably be first of the year). Yeah! :)

I finally finished a scarf for my friend. It's a hunter green trimmed in a wine ruffle:

And I finished a baby pink (and oh so soft!) scarf for my 8 yr-old god-daughter who loves pink:


Oh I had to show you a picture of my Buckeye Fudge for my father-in-law. (They're from Cincinnati so "buckeyes" are perfect). And the chocolate truffles I made for my mother-in-law. I posted the recipes for these on Tuesday. She's going to love me as much as she hates me when she opens these. :) And I'm sure the conversation will soon turn to joining Weight Watchers...haha.
And I've been up to my eyeballs in cocoa mix! But I have bags (and bags, and more bags!) ready to go now and of course, I have to also include a bag of mini-marshmallows with each one. Hey, who drinks cocoa without marshmallows?

It's a real simple recipe:
8 qt. box instant nonfat dry milk powder
6 oz. package coffee creamer
20 oz. Nestle Quick
20 oz. confectioners' sugar
9 tablespoons cocoa

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well!

Use 1/3 c. cocoa to 8 oz. hot water. Makes about 7 of those Wilton gift bags (for cookies, candies, etc). Each bag holds about 12 servings. Yum! These go over really well at Christmas I've discovered.

Hope you are enjoying the holidays!
SHERI

No comments: