Thursday, July 24, 2008
How to: Elegant Party Napkins
Project and photo courtesy of
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
Skill Level 2: Some sewing experience needed
Approximate Crafting Time: 1 1⁄2 hours for four
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:• Cotton fabric – 1/2 yd. makes two napkins
• Basic sewing supplies
• Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
• Sewing machine with 1 spool of matching thread
• Fray Check
• Flowers of choice
• Trims or Ribbon of choice
1. Cut fabric into 18" squares.
2. Using sewing machine: Turn edges under 1/8" then another 1/8" and sew with a straight stitch.
3. Place a drop of Fray Check at each corner and allow to dry.
4. Trim corners.
5. Fold napkins in different styles: Fold accordion style and tie at bottom, fold with a pocket to tuck in flowers or stems, gather in center and tie. Get creative!
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar