* 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour, divided
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp table salt
* 1 large egg(s)
* 1 cup(s) sugar, divided
* 3/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk, divided
* 2 cup(s) blueberries, washed and picked over
* 2 tbsp butter, melted
* Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place muffin liners in a 12-hole muffin tin.
* In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
* Using an electric mixer, beat egg with 3/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and beat until thoroughly combined; blend in vanilla extract.
* Add half of flour mixture and half of milk to sugar mixture; beat until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture and milk; beat until smooth.
* Fold in blueberries and fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full; set aside.
* To make streusel topping, in a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup each of sugar and flour. Pour in melted butter and combine with fingertips. Divide crumb mixture over muffins; gently press into top of muffin batter with fingertips.
* Bake until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pans for about 10 to 15 minutes and then transfer muffins onto racks to cool completely.
Yields 1 muffin per serving.
Notes: You can use any combination of fresh berries in this recipe. Frozen berries are fine to use as long as you make sure they’re completely thawed first.
POINTS® Value: 4
Preparation Time: 14 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate