* 7 eggs, separated
* 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
* 6 tablespoons orange juice
* 4-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
* 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
* Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift flour and salt; set aside.
* In a large bowl, beat yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Blend in orange juice and peel. Add dry ingredients to yolk mixture; mix well.
* In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold a fourth of egg whites into the batter, then fold in remaining whites.
* Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour.
* Run a knife around sides of cake and remove to a serving plate. Dust with confectioner's sugar.
Yield: 12 servings.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Light & Tasty | February/March 2003~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar