2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
1 cup whole milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese and pesto. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 10-in. circle; cut into eight wedges but do not separate.
Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 scones.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar