* 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted
* 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup 2% milk
* Finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
* In a small bowl, combine mango and lemon juice. Line a 6-in. round baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar and butter; spread evenly into prepared pan. Top with mango mixture; sprinkle with nuts. Set aside.
* In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon batter over nuts.
* Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate; remove parchment paper. Sprinkle with candied ginger if desired. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Cooking for 2 Spring 2009~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar