* 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
* 3 tablespoons butter, melted
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
* 1/4 cup orange marmalade
* 1 cup navel orange sections
* 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
* 1/2 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon lime juice
* 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
* Fresh mint, optional
* Roll up phyllo dough and cut into 1/4-in.-wide strips. Place strips in a large bowl; toss with butter, sugar and orange peel until coated. Divide strips into six portions; shape into nests on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
* In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat marmalade until melted. In a large bowl, combine the oranges and berries in a large bowl; drizzle with marmalade and juices. Sprinkle with lemon and lime peel; gently toss to coat. Just before serving, spoon into nests. Garnish with mint if desired.
Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 tart with aobut 1/2 cup fruit) equals 204 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Light & Tasty April/May 2001~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar