* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, finely chopped
* 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
* Additional confectioners' sugar
* In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts (dough will be stiff); set aside.
* For filling, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in nuts; cool slightly. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
* Shape teaspoonfuls of dough around each piece of chocolate-nut mixture so it is completely covered. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
* Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
~~Best of Country Cookies~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar