* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
In a medium mixing bowl combine flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Stir in rolled oats. Form mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
To make shortbread wedges: On an ungreased cookie sheet pat or roll the dough into an 8-inch circle. Make a scalloped edge. Cut circle into 16 wedges. Leave wedges in the circle. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until bottom just starts to brown and center is set. Cut circle into wedges again while warm. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Makes 16 wedges.
To make shortbread rounds: On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Use a 1-1/2-inch cookie cutter to cut 24 rounds. Place them 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in the 325 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 24 rounds.
To make shortbread strips: On a lightly floured surface roll dough into an 8x6-inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick. Using a knife, cut into twenty-four 2x1-inch strips. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in the 325 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 24 strips.
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar