Friday, October 12, 2018

♥ Back again! ♥

I really don't know where the time goes! All I know is that now it seems like all I get done is working. I enjoyed reading back over the last 10 years of my blog and realized so many things have changed since I last posted here. I once had a job that allowed me stay home safe when we had bad snow storms. That changed about 5 years ago when our department at the university "merged" with another and suddenly "emergency personnel" took on a new meaning--mainly they didn't care how bad a blizzard we were having, I was required to drive to work anyhow. They did not care that I was risking my life (literally!) driving over two mountain ranges because someone forgot their work email password and the university was closed due to inclement weather. It took a while, but about two years ago I changed departments and I am no longer required to come in during closings. NICE!

I still have my Etsy shop, but I'm getting ready to close it at the end of the year. I cannot compete with the mass -produced "crap" they now allow on Etsy. And don't get me started on all the fees! They now charge ME for another fee on the shipping fees, even though I don't make a dime off shipping. Ridiculous! I loved Etsy when it first started and it was all about handmade but it started going down hill a few years ago when I noticed people were selling mass-produced, not handmade (and they didn't even bother to change the photos--they used the stock photos they bought it from!) WOW. Nope, time to go.

I am still creating, but will be selling on my own website. Details coming soon! :)

So what new items have I been adding to my shop? Glad you asked....

tea cozies!

crochet-edge pillow cases!

key rings!

more diabetic medical alert bracelets!

bookmarks!

embroidered tea towels!

bangle charm bracelets!

more tea infusers!


letter openers!

Alright, let's see if I can keep up the blogging again!

Keep on crafting!
Sheri

No comments: