•Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
•1 cup sugar
•1/4 cup all-purpose flour
•1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
•1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
•1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
•4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
•Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, tapioca and salt. Set aside 2 tablespoons cream. Combine remaining cream with vanilla; add to the sugar mixture. Add peaches; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
• Pour peach mixture into crust. Roll out the remaining pastry; make a lattice top crust. Seal and flute edges. Brush with reserved cream; sprinkle with additional sugar.
• Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 8 servings.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Country Woman July/August 2001~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar