•2/3 cup butter, softened
•2/3 cup sugar
•1 tablespoon lemon juice
•2 cups all-purpose flour
•1/3 cup strawberry drink mix
•2 teaspoons baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
•1 teaspoon shortening
•1/3 cup butter, softened
•2 tablespoons strawberry drink mix
•1/8 teaspoon salt
•3 cups confectioners' sugar
•3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
•In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon juice. Combine the flour, drink mix, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2- to 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
• In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over cookies; let stand until set.
• In a small bowl, beat the butter, drink mix and salt until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Decorate cookies.
Yield: about 2 dozen.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Simple & Delicious January/February 2008~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar