3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup canola oil
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, water and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
To use frozen bread: Thaw at room temperature.
Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 242 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
~~Quick Cooking November/December 2005~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar