1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package (7 oz.) almond paste
2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups fresh blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, almond paste, and orange zest. With a mixer on high speed, beat until mixture is blended, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat until fluffy, 1 or 2 minutes. Add flour, stir to mix, then increase speed and beat until well blended. Batter will be thick.
2. Fill a pan of 12 buttered or paper-lined muffin cups (1/2-cup capacity) about 2/3 full with batter. With a small flexible spatula, spread batter smooth. Arrange a few blackberries on top of batter in each cup; lightly press berries into batter.
3. Bake until cakes are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan about 5 minutes. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
Yield: Makes 12 cakes
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Sunset, JUNE 2006~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar