* 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons cold butter
* 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
* 1 egg yolk
* 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2/3 cup shredded peeled apple
* 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
* In a small bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the cream, egg yolk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
* Pat into a 5-in. circle. Cut into four wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with caramel topping.
Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 scone equals 278 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Cooking for 2 Fall 2008~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar