* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup shortening
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup dried cranberries
* 2/3 cup butter, softened
* 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
* In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, lemon peel and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
* Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
* In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
~~yummy recipe and photo from: Cranberry Lemon Sandwiches published in Best of Country Cookies~~
♥ How to ♥
- ~54 Different Aprons
- ~A Christmas Stocking
- ~A Felt Christmas Stocking by PurlBee
- ~A Petticoat by the Anticraft
- ~A Quick Cozy Blanket by the purl bee
- ~A Rag Rug by Vintage Chica
- ~A Sewing Machine Cover
- ~A Simple Tote Bag
- ~A Tote Bag with Recessed Zipper
- ~A knitted "candy corn" cloth for halloween
- ~Anything Cute with these Vintage Transfer Patterns
- ~Bias Tape
- ~FREE Clip Art...vintage!
- ~Free Amy Butler patterns
- ~Free transfer patterns from PatternBee
- ~Gifts in a Jar