2 1/2 cups sifted bread flour
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/2 cup finely chopped toasted almond slivers
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
2 teaspoons lavender
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the strawberries and almonds, and toss gently to combine.
3. In a small bowl, microwave 1/2 cup cream on HIGH in 30-second intervals until cream simmers. Add the lavender to the cream, and let steep for 5 minutes; strain.
4. In a separate small bowl, mix together the honey and the lavender-infused cream. Pour the honey-cream mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until dough just comes together (dough will be sticky).
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch square cutter, cut 12 scones. Place on prepared baking sheet, and brush tops with remaining cream. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Makes 12 scones.
~~ yummy recipe and photo from: Tea Time Magazine ~~